Like so many in the fire service, firefighter/paramedic Joe Sughero was drawn to the career by the camaraderie and the chance to be there for the community he calls home.
Firefighter/paramedic Riley Schmidt grew up around the fire service and says while he originally went to school for engineering, he’s glad he made the decision to change career paths.
“I couldn’t imagine doing anything else,” the Flint Hill native says.
Firefighter/paramedic Nick Mensio grew up admiring the first responders at work in his grandmother’s neighborhood.
They say follow your dreams. Firefighter/paramedic Nick Woolbright did that — literally!
Firefighter/paramedic Greg Bewig joined the fire service for two simple reasons: To help others in an emergency and to put out fires.
Join us Feb. 18 for A Night At The Races, benefiting the St. Baldrick’s Foundation! Hosted by O’Fallon Firefighters Community Outreach.
This December, Santa will be making visits to neighborhoods throughout O’Fallon Fire Protection District! You’ll know he is near when you hear the sirens on his truck. Below are the dates, times and locations for his scheduled stops.
Please note: These are approximate times only. Times will vary depending on the number of people wishing to greet Santa at each stop.
Saturday, Dec. 4
Areas near OFPD Station 3
- Stop 1: Tennessee Walker Way, in court near 161-167 (6 p.m.)
- Stop 2: Arabian Path, in court near 106-112 (6:15 p.m.)
- Stop 3: Appaloosa Trails and Calumet Ranch Trail (6:30 p.m.)
- Stop 4: Thoroughbred Trail and Morgan Trails (6:45 p.m.)
- Stop 5: Padre Court (7 p.m.)
- Stop 6: Hutchings Farm Drive North and Myrtle Wood Court (7:15 p.m.)
- Stop 7: Hutchings Farm Drive South and Lace Bark Court (7:30 p.m.)
- Stop 8: Gulf Shores Drive and Hutchings Farm Blvd. South (7:45 p.m.)
- Stop 9: Sugar Bush and Breckenridge Circle (8 p.m.)
Tuesday, Dec. 7
Near OFPD Station 4
- Stop 1: Cypress Point Drive and Pebble Beach Drive (6 p.m.)
- Stop 2: Norwood Hills and Oakland Hills Drive (6:20 p.m.)
- Stop 3: Near 1382 Crooked Stick Drive (6:35 p.m.)
- Stop 4: Royal Birkdale Court (6:50 p.m.)
- Stop 5: Mission Hills Drive and Green Briar Hills Drive (7:05 p.m.)
- Stop 6: Green Briar Hills and Sunset Hills Drive (7:20 p.m.)
- Stop 7: Downing Street and North Wellington (7:35 p.m.)
- Stop 8: Savannah Garden Apartments (7:50 p.m.)
Saturday, Dec. 11
Near OFPD Station 2
- Stop 1: River Croft Court and River Croft Drive (5:15 p.m.)
- Stop 2: Riverdale Manor Drive and Riverdale Park Drive (5:30 p.m.)
- Stop 3: Riverdale Woods Drive and Shuman Drive (5:45 p.m.)
- Stop 4: Riverdale Park Drive and Lazy River Drive (6 p.m.)
- Stop 5: River Rock Drive and River Rock Court (6:15 p.m.)
- Stop 6: Oakwood Drive and Crestwood Lane (6:35 p.m.)
- Stop 7: Fawn View Lane and Royal Oaks Drive (6:50 p.m.)
- Stop 8: Crestwood Lane and Gaslite Drive (7:05 p.m.)
- Stop 9: Soft Crossing Lane and Water View Lane (7:25 p.m.)
- Stop 10: Foggy Meadow Drive and Deer Creek Drive (7:40 p.m.)
- Stop 11: OFPD Station 2 (Downtown St. Paul) (8:05 p.m.)
Tuesday, Dec. 14
Near OFPD Station 1
- Stop 1: 107 Courtfield Drive (6 p.m.)
- Stop 2: Centerfield Drive and Homefield Blvd. (6:15 p.m.)
- Stop 3: Homefield Commons Drive and Homefield Commons Court (6:30 p.m.)
- Stop 4: Homefield Ridge Drive and Homefield Grove Court (6:45 p.m.)
- Stop 5: Homefield Meadows Drive and Homefield Lake Court (7 p.m.)
- Stop 6: Batters Box Drive and Homefield Gardens Drive (7:15 p.m.)
- Stop 7: Pool House on Sportsmans Drive (7:30 p.m.)
Saturday, Dec. 18
Near OFPD Station 5, Villages of Dardenne Prairie Village, Villages of Dardenne McCluer Village and Aberdeen Village
- Stop 1: Bursting Bouquet Drive and Hidden Deer Drive (6 p.m.)
- Stop 2: Cog Mill Drive and McCluer Drive (6:15 p.m.)
- Stop 3: Quaint Cottage Drive and Wild Pigeon Drive (6:30 p.m.)
- Stop 4: Clubhouse on Shetland Drive (6:50 p.m.)
- Stop 5: Dunvegan Drive and Elizabeth Erin Court (7:10 p.m.)
- Stop 6: Dunvegan Drive and Angle Gate Circle (7:25 p.m.)
- Stop 7: Angle Gate Circle and Golden Aster Court (7:40 p.m.)
- Stop 8: Strathmoor Way and Macpherson Drive (7:55 p.m.)